Concert Season 2016–2017
Friday 16 September 2016 | Society Supper 6pm; Concert 8pm
Isimsiz Piano Trio
Melrose Music Society Supper at 6pm for 6.30pm, concert follows at 8pm.
Mozart: Piano Trio in E, K542
Fauré: Piano Trio in D Minor, op.120
Schumann: Piano Trio No.3 in G Minor, op.110
Sunday 16 October 2016 | 7.30pm
Jessica Leary, soprano; Chris Baxter, piano
'It's a Grand Night for Singing!'
A programme inspired by popular musicals of the 20th Century with songs by composers ranging from Purcell and Bach to Debussy and Loewe.
Saturday 12 November 2016 | 7.30pm
Wihan String Quartet
- Mozart: String Quartet in D Minor K421
- Janacek: String Quartet No.1 'Kreutzer Sonata'
- Dvorak: Quartet in G Major op.106
Sunday 4 December 2016 | 2.30pm
Paul Chamberlain, accordion; Michael Haywood, violin, saxophone, clarinet
A varied programme of Classical, Traditional and Original compositions designed to delight and sure to set toes tapping.
Friday 13 January 2017 | 7.30pm
Bernard d'Ascoli, piano
- 'From Darkness to Light'
- Liszt: Ballade No.2 in Bm
- Chopin: Ballade No.2 in F op.38
- Franck: Prélude Chorale and Fugue
- Liszt: Bénédiction de Dieu dans la solitude
- Ravel: Valses nobles et sentimentales
- Debussy: L'isle joyeuse
Friday 24 February 2017 | 7.30pm
Ruisi String Quartet
- (Sponsored by The Tunnell Trust)
- Mozart: String Quartet No.19 in C Major K.465 'Les Dissonances'
- Wolf: 'Italian Serenade'
- Schubert: String Quartet in Am 'Rosamunde'
Saturday 11 March 2017 | 7.30pm
Alasdair Beatson, piano
- Beethoven: 7 Bagatelles op.33
- Bartók: from Mikrokosmos (selection)
- Debussy: Images, Book 2
- Schumann: Kinderszenen op.15
- Eric Satie: Embryons Desséchés
- Dohnányi: Rhapsody in C op.11 no. 3
Tickets for all concerts can be purchased at the door on the evening of the performance. Unless otherwise stated above tickets are £12 for non-members, and £7 for members. Society members may also purchase a season ticket giving entrance to all concerts for just £25: please see Membership & Tickets for full details on how to become a member.