2015 - 2016 Concert Programme
Saturday 19 September 2015 | Society Supper 6pm; Concert 8pm
Martin James Bartlett, piano - BBC Young Musician of the Year 2014
Melrose Music Society Supper at 6pm for 6.30pm, concert follows at 8pm. A varied programme including Scarlatti, Beethoven, Schumann, Scriabin and Prokofiev.
Saturday 24 October 2015 | 7.30pm
Colleen Nicol, soprano; Rosanna Young Kudelska, piano
A programme of music drawn from the works of Handel, Fauré, Brahms, Schubert’ Strauss, Britten, Stevenson, MacMillan, Liddell, Garrett, Chisholm and Scott.
Saturday 21 November 2015 | 7.30pm
Kapten Trio: Rachel Spencer, violin; Dunchan Strachan, cello; Kristi Kapten, piano.
- Mozart - Piano Trio in G, K564
- Ravel - Piano Trio
- Arvo Pärt - 'Mozart Adagio'
- Mendelssohn - Piano Trio in Dm, Op 49
Saturday 12 December 2015 | 2.30pm
Alexander Ullman, piano.
- JS Bach – from Cantata No208, 'Sheep may safely graze'
- Debussy - Estampes
- Chopin - Nocturne No 1, Op 27; No 1, Op 55; Ballade No 4 in F Minor, Op 52; Sonata No 2 in Bbm
Sunday 10 January 2016 | 2.30pm
Aurea String Quartet.
- Ajtha - String Quartet No 7
- Haydn - String Quartet No 3 in Gm, Op 20
- Britten - Three Divertimenti
- Mendelssohn String Quartet No.3 in D Major, Op 44 No 1
Saturday 23 January 2016 | 2.30pm
Ferio Saxaphone Quartet (sponsored by Tunnell Trust)
- Bach – Prelude & Fugue in Gm (Ferio), BWV535
- Guillermo Lago - Sarajevo: Cordoba
- Glazunov - Saxophone Quarter, Op 109
- Albeniz - Cadiz (Ferio)
- Ferenc Ferkas - Old Hungarian Dances
- Arvo Pärt - Fratres (Ferio)
- Piazolla - Fugata (Ferio)
- Jean River - Grave et Presto
Friday 12 February 2016 | 7.30pm
Dante Quartet with pianist (to be announced)
- Haydn Quartet (to be announced)
- Shostakovich - Piano Quintet
- Elgar - Piano Quintet
Friday 11 March 2016 | 7.30pm
Travelling by Tuba: Chris Cranham - tuba; Stewart Death - piano; assorted other wind & brass instruments.
A varied programme will include works by Brahms, Gluck, Handel, Mozart, Hartman, Schmidt, Bizet, Williams, Harline and Rossini.
Tickets for all concerts can be purchased at the door on the evening of the performance. Unless otherwise stated above tickets are £12 for non-members, and £7 for members. Society members may also purchase a season ticket giving entrance to all concerts for just £25: please see Membership & Tickets for full details on how to become a member.